We house three affiliated galleries that hold monthly exhibitions. Each month, the design intern will be responsible for creating postcard and magazine format designs for print. Working directly under the gallery director, the intern must be accustomed to working under tight deadlines. Knowledge of and interest in Pop Surrealism, Urban Art, Low Brow and Contemporary art is highly valued. The intern will be directly exposed to gallery operations, including regular interaction with press and marketing departments. It is important that the design intern brings creative energy and fresh ideas.
• Ability to expand on gallery brand and adhere to the established identity, look and feel. • Exceptional sense of clean design, layout, color and typography.
• Experience in formatting files for print and web.
• Strong organizational, problem solving and time-management skills.
• Ability to multi-task and work well under tight deadlines.
• Highly proactive, taking projects from start to finish with minimum supervision.
• Enthusiastic with a positive, solutions-oriented attitude and strong work ethic.
• Strong ability to communicate effectively (both written and oral), and excellent interpersonal skills.
• Keeps abreast of important industry trends, including new mediums and online tools
• Expert knowledge in InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop. Knowledge of web design programs and CSS a plus.
• Student must be enrolled in a school that gives credit for this unpaid internship.
To apply, please submit an email titled “Design Intern” to firstname.lastname@example.org including the following: cover letter, digital portfolio, and resume. Thank you for your interest.